Eating a nutritious diet rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are one of the most important parts of living a healthy lifestyle. Science says nutrient-dense foods not only make you feel great but may even reduce your risk of certain chronic health conditions while providing multiple health benefits. You’ve most likely heard the term “superfoods” to describe foods that will supposedly make you look great, feel great and help you live a longer, healthier life — but what are “superfoods” and what makes them so super? We’ve taken a look at these so-called superfoods to see what about them packs that extra nutrient punch and how you should incorporate them into your everyday diet.
- The high vitamin and mineral content found in superfoods can help your body ward off diseases and keep you healthier. When incorporated into a well-balanced diet, these foods can promote heart health, weight loss, improve energy levels and even reduce the effects of aging.
- Antioxidants found in many superfoods may help prevent cancer, while healthy fats can reduce your risk of heart disease. Fiber, which is also found in many superfoods, can help prevent diabetes and digestive problems while phytochemicals have numerous health benefits including reducing your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. Superfoods are also known to protect your organs from toxins, help lower cholesterol, regulate metabolism and reduce inflammation.
- May Boost Memory: Halim seeds contain an abundance of good fats which may help in boosting memory.
- MAY AID WEIGHT LOSS: Due to the presence of high fiber and protein, chia seeds may help in weight loss.
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS: Along with minerals, these seeds are also rich in antioxidants which protect against cell damage, inflammation, and premature aging.