Whole Bean | Monsooned Malabar ‘AA’ (Medium Roast) | Pack of 250g
- An Indian Delicacy - Monsooned Malabar Is A Specialty Coffee Bean From India's Malabar Coast.
- The Beans Are Processed With The Monsoon Rains, And Are Hence Swollen, Huge In Size, Yellow And Special As Only A Small Quantity Is Harvested Each Year
- The Coffee Has A Medium - Heavy Body | Nutty, Balanced, Earthy Flavour Notes
- Freshly Roasted On Order
- Altitude: 1100-1200M
- Processing: Monsooned
- Location: Malabar Coast
" Monsooned Malabar is a process applied to coffee beans. The harvested coffee seeds are exposed to the monsoon rain and winds for a period of about three to four months, causing the beans to swell and lose the original acidity, resulting in a flavor profile with a practically neutral pH balance. The beans absorb moisture and get significantly larger, turning a pale golden colour. Further micro-sorting is done to separate fully monsooned beans "
- Your Specialty Pick: Monsooned Malabar 'AA'
- Variant: Monsooned Malabar ‘AA’
- Roast Level: Medium Roast
- Grind Size: Whole Beans
- Tasting Notes: High body, low acidity, and a mellow, pleasant, earthy flavour (drip) or a sugary sweet flavour (in espresso)
- We think these beans are suited for espresso, where the concentrated brew magnifies any bean shortcomings but also rewards consistency and uniformity. “Salted caramel in a cup,” is how espresso legend David Schomer describes the bean he served to rave reviews during the 2018 SCA Expo
- These beans supplies plentiful crema and helps produce thick, syrupy espresso shots. The low acidity also keeps the espresso from becoming overwhelmingly bright or sour. More importantly, the sweet, mellow taste allows the flavors of the espresso blend’s other beans to stand out. The cleaner flavor of Super Grade Malabar means that this bean can easily constitute 40-70% of an espresso blend recipe